Today begans the journey of our adoption of our Little Bulgarian Butterfly.
I am writing several Posts before I publish our Blog for viewing. So as you read I have been writing for several weeks before our blog was available for friends and everyone to see. I am writing this Blog from my heart in hopes we are able to bring our child/children home soon. Please includes us in your prayers and follow us in our journey to adopt from Bulgaria.
After taking down the tree at christmas I noticed one small ornament that had been lefted in the back. It was one my mother had given to me as a child. The ornament was of a mother holding her young child. You could tell through the expression on the face of this mother she was comforting and singing to her baby. I have alway's cherish this ornament. Also knowing I had such a wonderful mother and father to care for me. During holiday's I still remember how the house was filled with the smell of good cooking and the laughter from my dad.
Each year I had made it a tradition to purchase each one of my children a christmas ornament just from me. As with my own children memories my husband and I built memories for our own family.
As we sat wrapping each ornament one by one carefully putting them away for the next holiday. This year to keep this one outfor a little longer. For days I would walk by and think of my mother and my father. It is amazing how one small ornament and bring back so many memories. I sat up probably the entire night telling my children about my childhood. And how I loved my parents and thankful I was for them.
My younger children Makayla and Patrick we adopted from Ukraine. Like most children full of questions. It was like reading from a book when I spoke of my childhood. Page by page my life unfolded. Memory upon memory I shared with my kids. My daughter Makayla now eleven ask me was it hard when my mother had died. Prior to our adoption my mother had passed away from a heart attack and she never got to meet Makayla or Patrick. I know she would have loved them as much as we do.
Some nights prior to bed they would both like us to tell them the story of our journey to adopt the both of them. Much like a pregancy we had a calender counting down the days till we travel. Stories of their first years they share with us as a family. Leaving back some of the bittersweet memories of the orphanges where they once had lived.
Gary and I both know many children still remain unadopted and probably will never be adopted. Often we wondered about their prior holidays, birthdays and when they went to sleep at night. Yet still many children close their eyes at night knowing that they will wake up and still be all alone.
Makayla now eleven, Patrick now nine years it is hard to believe that time has passed so quickly. Very hard to even imagine what our lives would have been without either of them.
Through much prayer we feel God has lead us to our new child. She lives in Bulgaria and we began this blog in our journey in bringing her home. Please keep us in your prayers as we raise the funds to bring her home soon. An account has been set up for her adoption.
"PLEASE DONATE SO WE CAN BRING OUR LITTLE BUTTERFLY FROM BULGARIA HOME"








.jpg)


