Braska & Zack

Braska & Zack
First Visit

PLEASE FOLLOW OUR BLOG AND SHARE IT WITH OTHERS SO WE CAN SAVE THESE TWO SMALL CHILDREN


SAVING TWO SMALL ORPHANS


Today I ask for prayers for all of my children.
May God lead us in the direction in bringing Braska
& Zach home. WE WILL BRING OUR CHILDREN HOME!
And while we wait I ask everyone to pray for their health.

DONATING IS EASY AND IMMEDIATELY DEPOSITED TO OUR PAYPAL BY CLICKING THE DONATE BUTTON

Pages

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Paperwork, homestudy, and the journey begins

THE PAPERWORK CHASE HAS BEGAN

Our paperwork to secure our little daughter Aviah-Marya was filed to MOJ on Monday February 22th. Hoping to hear some good news soon.

Shortly after shipping our initial paperwork we found out from our attorney Toni in Bulgaria that she needed two more pieces of paperwork. I think this was the hardest part of the adoption process is the paperwork and the chase in finding all the documents needed to compile the dossier. Shipping documents are costly and began at $130.00 each envelope so no room for errors. Notarizing a single document with an appostille averages $30.00 or more. Processing paperwork can quickly add up and as does preparing to adopt can be a nighmare of worry when it comes to having enough funds to complete the adoption. Trying to cut corners and save as much as possible within a matter of a few months. Finding ways to fundraise and make a dream of adopting be possible. Finances is the biggest obstacle in an adoption. There are many loving families that can care for a family, but sad to say money can crush a dream, or should I say a family. By all means we are not weathly, only in love and faith. I believe nad know through prayers our adoption will happen. When I first saw this little child's face, she reminded me of my son Patrick. I knew deep in my heart she needs a momma and a daddy. I believe that Gary and I are to be her parents. As in our marriage we will comfort her, hold her and love her with all heart. She will blossom like a small flower with her petals strong and secure. Grow with the sun and be touch with love by the rain.

I spend the beginning of the week sick and still trying to track down documents we will need for our dossier. It has been awhile since we had to search for documents so we are starting fresh with everything. Spend the day getting the information on where to go to get certified & apostille marriage license from Arkansas. This is one of the few documents that do not expire for 12 months. All other documents must be within 6 month of expiring. We will need to complete our medical exam the first week of March for homestudy approval and will have to update the medical within 6 months of the court date. Timing is important in documents, a matter of a day can kick back your documents and cause many delays. I have learned through helping others adopting to keep a validity schedule and hope that maybe thus cna prevent any laspe of expiring documents.

Begining this is our first Bulgarian Adoption everything is new. With this adoption we do not have to attend the court hearing for our child's adoption. We will have to make two trips. The first trip we will meet our daughter. At this point of time we make our final decision and proceed with the paperwork of completing the adoption. Our attorney Toni will represent us in our court hearing. This will be about two to three months after our first trip. And wait for the judges decision on our family adopting this particular child. Once our adoption becomes final we plan for our next trip.

Shortly after court we will complete the immigrations process for her visa to enter into the United States. On our final trip we will spend another 5 days to complete all necessary paperwork and travel home with our new daughter.

Hopefully I have all of this in the correct order...