"PLEASE DONATE AND HELP US BRING OUR LITTLE BUTTERFLY HOME."
Spring Break this week for the kids and spent most of it cleaning every inch of the house. Organizing rooms and preparing for our new little daughter's Aviah-Marya's room. Filled it with dolls and teddybears. We decided on Strawberry Shortcake as a theme, mixed with Raggedy Ann and Winnie the pooh. It is amazing how you can start off with one idea or theme and then redo it a week later.
Not that it makes in difference what type of room she has to come home to. But the children seem to love to add in toys that they played with when they were her age. It is great to see each one of them offer one of their favorite toys to place in her small bed. Very hard to believe it has been eight years between Patrick and her adoption.
This week we also have been thinking of whether to consider adopting two children instead of the one child. Adopting a second child would mean us raising additional funds to complete our adoption. This would mean additional airline tickets, Immigrations, agency fees and other fees. Alot of prayer is going into our decision.
I saw a photo of a small boy also needing a home from Bulgaria.
This is one time in my life you wish I was rich. If both my husband Gary and I much younger and rich we would adopt as many children as we could. We both love children but we must think realistic of whether we can afford and have the energy to raise additional children. Not that we would spoil the children, and we would to an extend. Thinking about the future and dividing the necessary time each child would need to be spent individually with. There is the extra homework, separate school activities, doctor and dentist appointments. Just so much time in ones day to complete everything.
During one of our visits with our social worker he ask why we decided to adopt again. Most people seem to think at our age it is the empty nest approaching. I have alway's loved children. It may sound crazy I love staying busy with my children. Yes, as each of them slowly one by one have left the nest my heart misses them. Learning to let go and let them grow up a very hard part of being a mother.
But knowing that they are doing well and seeing them each growing into new families I feel pride and happiness as a parent.
My grandson Christian age three years was helping me add toys to her small bed today. Toy after toy he arranged them and once he was done he had to tell me he did not like her bed. I was puzzled and ask him why. I thought it was cute and I just knew she would love it. Again and again I ask him why he did not like the bed. He finally answered it is not a Scooby Do bed like his bed. Funny thing about kids even at three years they have their own opinions,likes and dislikes. I actually don't remember that Patrick or Makayla when we adopted them had a favorite toy when they first were adopted. At first they did not play with any toys. They just watched them on their shelves or in the toy boxes.
I remember in the orphanages many toys sat up high on shelves, not touched or played with. Very sad to understand why the children were not allowed to play with donated toys.
Well one more home visit and we are complete with visits. Next we are needing to work on other documents for our dossier and Immigrations I800A approval. This form will allow us to adopt from Bulgaria two children ages 3 to 8 years. Again add us in your prayers for our fundraisers and decision on adopting an additional child.
God Bless










