Our friends Gary, Sarah & Emma
Standing in front of Orphanage #3 Baby HouseOdessa Ukraine May 2000
Today we received our first donation for our little girls Ava-Marya & Christiana.
We were so excited, when I noticed it was from our friend's Sarah and her husband Gary.
In 1999, I met Sarah while my husband Gary and I were trying to adopt. Both Sarah and I were wanting to adopt a little girl and we both had decided on the same county Ukraine. Through out out paperwork and the adoption wait we both travel with our husband's to Ukraine in hopes to find our little girls. They had traveled a month prior to us and out of faith we ended up at the same orphanage Odessa's Baby House # 3.
And in May 2000 it was the first time we met we were both holding our new daughters Emma and Makayla. It was the most wonderful and best 2 months we ever spent with friends as we adopted our two little girls together. Emma was Sarah aand Gary's first child and they were all smiles holding little Emma. Sarah talked about how she alway's wanted to be a mother and seeing Emma in her arms her dream had finally come true. One day while they went to visit little Emma they had arrived before us our Makayla ran up to them thinking they were us. Makayla loved to see them at visits also. Sarahs husband Gary is such a wonderful husband and father to Emma and Sarah. What a wonderful couple and parents to little Emma. I wished they had lived closer so we could had the girls stay in touch with one another. And for Sarah's husband Gary to donate to us years later it was great that they thought of our family. I was so excited about the donation and having their phone number we just had to call Sarah & Gary to thank them both. I was so excited about our adoption of our new little girls and wanted to share all the details with Sarah. I was so happy I was finally able to talk with our old friends again and share photos and news about the girls. Not knowing Sarah had been sick over the last few years Gary then explained Sarah after they had return she had developed Breast Cancer. Sarah is one who never complains alway's full of life and smiles. Over the years she fought this awful battle and never once complaint to me about her illness. She just talked about now she loved her little Emma and wanting one day to adopt again another little girl or maybe this next time a boy.
Unfornuately my dear friend's dream to adopt again had never happen and the Cancer had taken her life. Hearing these words from her husband Gary that she had died my heart just wanted to stop right there. I had no words inside that could I could say to express how I actually felt. For days to follow I felt numb and felt empty inside. You wonder why things happen to good people and to certain or particular people.
Sarah a mother who loved her husband Gary and daughter Emma. And little five year old Christyn who loved her mother and father all so much.
This last couple of months have been especially hard. I had been praying for several of my friend's and their children in hospitals. And one by one through complications of heart surgeries, childhood cancer each one had died. Children full of smiles and happiness leaving their mothers and fathers behind. I know God has plans for each one of us and when it is our time for heaven. I just wonder why can't Heaven wait just a little longer for the ones we love. God's plans are we must continue in life no matter now much we hurt or miss our love ones. We must continue to follow his word and live each day paying forward by setting an example to others in hopes they will as follow his word. No words could express how much Gary's donation means to our family. It was not just money from his pocket but from his heart.....................












