The good news we have been waiting for is finally here. We got a court date on March 18th at 9:00 AM Bulgarian time. But a little more information is needed from our social worker. The judge decided that she needed proof Gary and I are still married and that there had not been any recent changes. First thing I emailed my social worker and then called him direct. Within one hour the notarized document costing us $90.00 was placed in my hand. Immediately I began emailing and calling trying to find someone traveling to Bulgaria to courier it to Toni. We were given till March 15th for this document for our court hearing for the judges final decision. Also during this pass two weeks the judge needed proof that no family had visited Chrissie or our adoption for have been stopped.
Wednesday we woke up at 1:30 AM and out the door at 2:55 AM straight the Valero and following our navigation system in directing our car to Baton Rouge. With three special needs children, my daughter, her finance and me loaded in the car we headed south. Through the heavy fog and mist we watched the sun rise. Only stopping off for the kids to eat their Fruit Loop cereal in plastic Elmo cups filled with milk. When we arrive it was exactly 8:00 not a minute before or after we registered in. First in line three children still in their PJ's they followed behind me like little ducks in a row. Straight to the back of the building we went to the Secretary of State's Commission Office and everyone came out to greet the children. Each of them telling them about little Chrissie. Chrissie has been apart of our family this last year. Each meal or when company comes over we tell everyone about Chrissie. Little Chrissie just does not know how much and how many people who love her. Her photos hang on the walls with all the other children. Withing 3 minutes we were handed two sets of this much needed document. Carla told me we only needed one, we got five copies and all five notarized and appostille two of them. Off to FedEx and within minutes and $47.00 later it was heading out of FedEx. There was a FedEx deliverly man picking up new packages and enevelopes. I told him he was holding my youngest child in his hands and not to lose it. As I headed out the doors I had to stop to pray and thank God for letting everything fall in place for this document to be delivered to the Archer Family. Oh how I can not thank them enough for carrying this to Toni..
How can I ever thank Toni, Victoria, Carla and Shelley for their part in helping us through out our adoption. Never will either of these women will ever know how much my heart is smiling. I am so happy and oh so thankful Again I thank God for each of these women for their kindness. I will carry forward this kindness as I alway's do and advocate for these small orphans and help in whatever way I can and find them homes.
Back in the car off to Cracker Barrell for a nice breakfast we celebrated the day and said a prayer for our little Chrissie. In just 14 days, Two weeks we have court.. In the hands of the judge will lay the faith of the adoption of our little girl. As we head back home I am able to sit in the back and sleep and rest. Without sleep for a day I was exhausted and at a point to where I was needing rest. As I closed my eyes my little grandson had to ask where was Chrissie. This whole trip in his mind he thought we were going to get her this day and he cried all the way back home. He was wanting her home, he did not understand that we still had to wait. He had been watching us prepare documents, arranging her room and he was ready. Once we were home he ran to his backpack and out he pull his little blanket.. He wanted Chrissie to have his snuggley blankie. Christian never let this blanket out of his site. And to know he wanted her to have it it made me cry. How one small child learn to love through the words of his grandparents about adoption.
Well we made it in the doors of home and one day we will be walking through those same doors holding the hand of our new daughter. Till then I will try to stop making little dresses and buying little dolls. For her bed is full of many.. How one small child can make and warm the heart of so many..
And yes the snuggle blanket now lays on Chrissie's little bed.....










