Hello world meet Makayla Christiana Davis
I decided each week into our next adoption I would love to share a little bit about our children.
First child is our daughter Makayla.
Makayla was born in Odessa Ukraine and adopted to Gary & Denise Davis in 2001.
Makayla is our eight child and I can tell you one of the sweetest of the bunch we have.
We first met our daughter when she was only 3 years old.
Makayla has a combination of two genetic disorders inwhich we were told there is only 8 known
people to have been born with this. She has NF1 which causes internal and external tumors through out a person's body. She also has Beckweiderman Syndrome which is very similar to DS but causes Wills tumors but can become fatal if not detected in time. So far we had tumors removed on her adernal and her kidneys. She is currently living with 22 inoperatable tumors. These are currently benign tumors which we are monioring for growth and cancer. Most of the tumors are on her optic nerves which causes vision lost and other tumor related issues. We were told shortly after Makayla's adoption she would only live to age 5 years which she is presently 13 years.
| Makayla & Chrissie |
Makayla's dream was to become and older sister which she has after the adoption of Chrissie this year from Bulgaria. Makayla also wanted to be a Zombie Bride but know has decided she wanted to be a real bride. Knowing that her medical condition may enable Makayla to live to adulthood we decided to purchase her a wedding dress. We must have taken 100 or more photos of Makayla in her wedding dress. Knowing wedding dresses can be costly I decided to check on EBAY for a dress. While viewing quiet a few we came across a listings for an older victorian dress which she love. When I emailed to see if we could purchase it now. The Seller Linda Musoclan email me back and I told her it was for my 13 year old daughter. I know at first she thought I was crazy but told her it was my daughter Makayla's dram to be a bride. The following day she wrote me back and told me the dress was in the mail and told me it was a gift from her to Makayla. Linda is a Special Educational teacher from McAllen Texas and teaches children with special needs like Makayla. Once the dress arrived Makayla has worn it each day.
When we received the dress that same day out of the sky appeared a rainbow.
Noone can understand how much Linda' kindness has meant to my daughter.
Also included was several handwritten messages of encouragement.
Honestly I try and not think about what should happen in the future with my daughter
in dealing with these tumors. Each day I look at her and just think of each day I am so
very thankful to have her in my life. God never gives us promises of life nor to our children's lives.
But he does offer to us enternal life here afterwards in heaven.
And no matter what should happen Makayla will alway's be in my heart and we will
alway's be together again in heaven.
No one wants to think of death especially when it is their own child or someone else's.
My Makayla thinks of life and living each day.
So I want to share her love and life through this post.
As our daughter Makayla has gotten older she realizes what actually adoption means.
She knows she was adopted and that due to her medical problems her parents
could not afford to provide all the medical care she needed to survive.
What a tough choice to give your child up for adoption so she could survive.
We read everyday women obtaining an abortion due to an unwanted pregnancy.
But her mother chose to give her life and a chance.
I can not again thank her birthmmother enough for giving Makayla this chance.
Should we life only a day in this world then that one day matters.
Not a day goes by without us using the word adoption.
I can not recall honestly a day I speak of about abortions.
Honestly I do not understand why a woman could destory part of herself by killing her unborn child.
Murder is murder whether being killed by the hands of a murderer
or by the choice of one's parents.
I pray for each young woman I see that they have the knowledge to think adoption
first before aborting their unborn child.
Makayla told me she wanted to grow up to be an Child Psychologist.
She wants to counsel children and help them over come their fears.
I recall one day she ask me about Heaven while I was visiting my mother's grave.
She would often ask about what would it feel like to die.
And I told her noone actually knows till it happens but I do know
that Heaven it an forever Kingdom where we would be reunited forever.
No sickness, no pain, no worries.
Makayla then told me she wanted to work with children who were
suffering and in pain and not to be afraid.
I had ask her if she was worried and she said she like me has given this worry to God.










