Braska & Zack

Braska & Zack
First Visit

PLEASE FOLLOW OUR BLOG AND SHARE IT WITH OTHERS SO WE CAN SAVE THESE TWO SMALL CHILDREN


SAVING TWO SMALL ORPHANS


Today I ask for prayers for all of my children.
May God lead us in the direction in bringing Braska
& Zach home. WE WILL BRING OUR CHILDREN HOME!
And while we wait I ask everyone to pray for their health.

DONATING IS EASY AND IMMEDIATELY DEPOSITED TO OUR PAYPAL BY CLICKING THE DONATE BUTTON

Pages

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Painting & Painting & Small Fingerprints

Just how much painting can one family seem to do? It sees that we have had a paint brush or roller in our hands for the pass couple of months. Between my daughter's Samantha's home and trying to repair to paint the kids room we have been busy-busy.  My daughter Samantha's kitchen has became a HELLO KITTY kitchen. With her Hello Kitty microwave and assorted pink kitchen items shortly it will look like a Hello Kitty's house. Our daughter like most little girls have always loved the color pink.  And her two youngest little sister are also ones who love pink and also purple.  I noticed while in Ukraine little boys worn pink and it is not like the US where pink is often used for girls and blue for boys.

A friend of mine Gina is having a baby in July. And this little one we are all wondering whether it is a little boy or a little girl. They decided to keep this little one a surprise with the sex.  I have been also making things for him or her and mostly little girl things.  I think in my heart a girl so probably it will be a little man. :O))) Each day as I knit I pray for health and then sometimes think a little girl would be wonderful.  Oh how I love babies and after having 3 boys in a roll I never once thought I would give birth to a girl. So when my daughter arrived I soon got to fill our home with little dolls and the color pink.  Little toy trucks now carried barbie dolls inside along with her brother's GI Joe dolls.  As I move my fingers to turn the yard once again last night I finished up a mint green afghan as my back up of the many blankets I had knitted. Thinking this blanket I will be shipping to Florida with all the small things will one day wrap around a precious gift from God.  He or she will begin a life of being loved and cherished.  Not like many of these small orphans that grow up alone.  This child was planned and will be cherished.  If only I could today tell both Braska and Zach we are preparing for the both of them and that yes they are also loved.  During Zach's birthday in March he had no cake nor did he know it was his birthday.  There were no presents or family to sing around him it was just another day for him. Knowing in a matter of a few weeks Braska will also have her birthday she will turn three years old.  These are not the only children having birthdays and also birthdays alone. All over the world each day a child is without a parent to love them and provide the basic needs for them to survive.

Since 1997 meeting my first orphan child Yana in a local hospital in Shreveport.  As she returned to Ukraine this is where my journey began in bringing our children home.  This year I soon learned the need to help all children captured in these horrible conditions and to make a difference even if it was just for one child.  I remember the day we met our Makayla she sat alone on a bench.  She could not walk nor did she talk.  Her tongue was so large she could not speak and her legs were uneven so she could not walk. So each day she sat and sat. Seeing her alone sitting while other children around her played  we knew then she needed us as much as we wanted a child. Watching her watch others around her I wondered what she thought and how she felt. As other parents were choosing their children they one by one walked pass her.  Her face covered in green and blue iodine and a shaven head with her tongue hanging out.  Not the imagine of a toddler in a beauty pagent dressed in a custom made dress. She sit in clothes with holes and urine and feces on them. Sad that the very disable children were treated so unkindly and kept unclean but caregivers seem to try and move out the ones they thought parents would noticed.  So our daughter was hided to the side like a misfit puppy.  When I saw her I saw in her eyes something no one else did the cry for a chance.  each child deserves a chance.

I check my Reeces Rainbow account probably twice a day. Why because I pray for help in funds and dream maybe someone out there just knew how I felt inside for both Braska and Zach.  It is not that I feel pity for these children I feel inside a connection.  This connection I feel from within my heart and my soul.
I know that our Lord told me the day I saw Braska that she was our child.  I felt it a feeling so deep I knew, I just knew she was out daughter just like Makayla is.  I soon found out she had a brother and you know the night before we found out I had a dream about a little boy.  He was wondering and wondering trying to find his home. He would go from door to door opening each of them up only to be sent away.  Not one door he could enter or that was his home.  I could not imagine how it felt to open a door only for it to be shut in my face and sent away.  Actually for each orphan child yes they are sent away and sometimes yes behind the door is shut.  And once shut the chances of it being open would never happen.  So each day these children in dark in the cold die alone.  Probably by now you are tired of me saying how children die and how they are neglected.  I state this not as trying to receive donations or pity  for our children we are adopting.  This is what my eyes have seen for over ten years.  Try living your life for over ten years seeing children wither away slowly to die and knowing there are many.  So many that one can not save them all so we must do what we can to save even just one.

One day as I laid down in the middle of a cotton field at age 8 years.  I watched the clouds above me.  In my mind I thought about Heaven and just what it would be like.  Back then my grandmother would tell me just how beautiful it was.  My grandmother was full  Cherokee Indian and her entire life she lived on a Indian Reservation until she married my grandfather. Never once did she cut her hair nor did I ever see her in pants. She born 12 children half of them with black hair and brown eyes the other half blondle hair and blue eyes. So half of the children appearance was from my grandmother and the other half from my grandfather.  My grandfather a preacher an a man of faith,wisdom and hard work.  Back then he plowed the fields with his mule and a old plow. Back them there were no machinery to do any of the chores.  My grandmother also of faith, wisdom and then hands of a hard worker but with the smell of Gardenia.  As she brushed her long hair each morning and braided it I watched as the sun shined upon it.  Like corn silk but black with tints of gray through out her hair.  She would walk over to me as I laid foolishly on the ground.  As she told me my name would be in her language a "Clouds of Dreams" For I was always looking into the clouds dreaming.  Not as a day dreamer but a dreamer of things I would make happen.  It is always good to have a dream but not to live a life of a dream.

Well the paint is still waiting to go on the walls and with each mark of the brush my day will be filled of dreams of what will take place.  I dream of holding Braska and Zach and I know it will happen.  Each day I ask our Lord for guidance and also to watch over the both of them to stay healthy and happy.  One day these walls will have small finger prints on them for me to clean.... So it is back to painting for me...