 |
| And Christian has choosen his pumpkins. |
It is Pumpkin time at the Davis Home!!
 |
| What a toot Christian is. |
 |
| Christian is our family's clown. |
 |
| Gentle and kind. |
 |
| Chrissie is our serious child. |
 |
| This will be her second Halloween being home. |
Yes fall is here and the pumpkins are arriving at the market. My grandson Christian and Chrissie just love being able to chose their pumpkins for this special day. Halloween is also my mother's birthday. Our family celebrates Halloween difference than most families. On this special day we do not celebrate ghosts or gobbins. We sat aside this day as a day to remember my mother. For Halloween she had always set aside for her children and grandchildren. She would make candy apples, popcorn balls and we would all sit around painting our pumpkins and enjoying one another company. I remember smelling her pies and the cookies that filled the fall's air. My mother had a smile bigger than any mother could have. She was a special and loving mother. And with each new family member we would make a special Halloween Cake just for them and one for my mom. Also if a new baby was due we would decorate a mini-pumpkin just for them. Unfornuately my younger children never got to meet my mother. She died in 2000 the year before we adopted our Makayla. And since then I have kept this tradition of our family's Halloween Night. Gary and I would go out during the week with all the kids and chose the biggest pumpkin we could find. Not a store brought pumpkin but one from the fields of thousands of pumpkins. We would sit down and each child would dig their hands to remove the seeds which we would dry out and then roast. Saving a few seeds to grow our own pumpkins. On Halloween night we would light this large pumpkin to remember my precious mother. This week as I hurry to complete my documents for the second stage in this adoption. Each day I started to think back of my mother when I was a child. Oh how I miss her and the days we had with one another. Just hearing her voice each day as she grew older I knew one day I will soon like her be a grandmother. And now a grandmother of 12 grandchildren and one on the way. My life is never dull and always filled with giggles and laughter all around me . Some days there are days with children and grandchildren spilling their drinks on my carpet or crayon marks on the walls. But each and every grandchild and child each so difference and special. As you walk in the doors o our home you can tell it is a home filled with the signs that children have been there. As you enter in the front door you are greeted by our guinea pig Toni and hamster Scooter. Then a living room filled in toys and books. Our walls are filled with photos of one big family of love. How blessed am I to have this family and to be their mother and grandmother. With only months away in bringing Braska and Zack home we have painted two small chairs just for them. One pink and one blue. As we save every penny we can it is still hard with coming up with the remaining funds. So this weekend and every weekend we will continue to try and raise and save the needed funds. Our Lord will guide us in having enough but I worry like most mothers do. So I ask my friends and family to help us during this time. So please I ask you to please think of these two children. They both deserve holidays filled with pumpkins and the smell of home made cookies filling their air. Having a bed of their very own with a pillow to rest their small heads on.. But most of all a father and a mother to love them. In just a few days our Chrissie will turn 7 years old. We first saw her photo for adoption when she was turning 4 years old. It has been a year since we seen Braska and Zacks;s photo and committed. And still a few months left before we bring them home and to get them here we need the extra funds. I ask and pray for your help at this time.. God Bless Denise Peddington Davis