In the next few days I will post more often. The first few days I was sick and this journey was hard.
Seeing my little daughter which I had waited for all so long I had to devote my time and thought to her and her only. I cherished each minute. Our precious princess, she can barely walk. She needs braces on her small legs. She has changed all so much in the few short days. Each day has been filled with smiles, bubbles and the laugher no dollar could buy. It has been so very hard knowing we have to raise the remaining fund needed to bring her and Marya home. I wish I had been born rich, I would adopt every child and find them a loving home. I would sponsor each family so they may not have to be in fear of not having the necessary funds to bring their child home. This is hard, I know we should have planned alittle better, but how we saved for 10 years and still it was nt enough it seemed. Medical exams added up, fees were higher than planned and airline tickets had doubled. I sold my favorite ring from my first husband Tim whom died. I cherished it, but I cherish my children more. I have ulcers in my stomach from this worry. I should be telling everyone how wonderful this trip has been, well it has been hard. Yes hard, no sugar coating it for everyone. Traveling to adopt international is hard. There is stress and more stress before you begin the journey and during the journey. For I am honest. Our attorney, my friend Toni, I love she has been a true friend. In a wheelchair she missions for these children in finding them homes, She can not walk, but her heart makes up for her being mobile.
Bulgaria a very beautiful country, the people granted most are kind. There are the ones who stare at me, for they know I am out of place in their country. I try not to speak openly for they stare even more. I smile for I am proud that I am an American. I walk the streets as a child walking for the first time. I have God next to me during my steps and knowing that with each I am closer to bring my daughters home. I have during the day sat at many times and just observed daily life here. What a slower pace, many people working to support their families, other relaxing, babies being strolled by their mothers, and the soft cries I hear in the wind.
Beauty is everywhere, in the sky it is filled with birds, and a cat that speaks in Bulgarian, who now hears English. Even the chirps of the birds are different. I love this country but this is not my home, I miss my home. I am glad to have a home, I only wished all of these orphans had homes. And again many will not. It is a fact no matter how much an orphanage cares for a child, an orphanage is not a home, just a holding cell for a child. A child's mind is incased in a building, with caregivers some nice and others it is a job. Like the jobs we preform. I must stop this blog for a few minutes for I need to vent. I feel the tears coming on and I do nto like to cry. Especially cry alone. And in a country this is now my home....










