I know I can not be the first person to have ever had an ATM machine lock up during a transaction.
And unfornuately this happen to me during a deposit back the first week of November. After placing funds into our bank's ATM the machine had locked up and had a transaction error pop up. Being frantic I cancelled my transaction and waited for the machine to return my funds only for them to be also locked up also in the ATM. I immediately ran inside the bank to notifly them of what had happened and was informed not to worry so my account was given a temporary credit. After several week of calling back and forward I was informed that everything was reseolved and my account was credited. Thinking my deposit would be credited it was not. Fornuate enough I had been placing back funds in my account due to upcoming holidays because I had received a letter yesterday stating CHASE JPMORGAN was going remove the temporary funds. I am not talking about a few dollars this was a large amount. Thank God there are video cameras this can be viewed and the receipt from the transaction that had been in error the bank is doing an audit tonight. Since yesterday my stomach has been in knots and upset. I have been with this banking institution since 1974 as a teenager and been in great standings. My home loan, automobile and some credit cards also are with CHASE as well as my children's savings accounts. Yesterday after several calls and a visit of me crying at the bank they are investigating why this had happen and praying all will be resolved. Money has alway's been one thing I have been very frugal in spending and this money was money we had saved and with one time of me not thinking I used to ATM to make this deposit. I should have went inside the bank or through the drive through but I did not have a deposit slip so I thought for several years I have done this repeatly and never once has this ever happened. At this moment I feel stupid for making a deposit this way when I should have went inside the bank. But I had 3 children screaming in the back of my car. I know I am only human but I feel so darn dumb at the moment and I can not express just how and one ATM could weaken one with anxiety and fear of losing money. Especially when at this moment we just begin once again another adoption. This will set not only us back in savings but bills I planned on paying. Everything I saved was for nothing if not resolved. I know they have to have cameras watching every detail of drive through transactions and viewing close enough a deposit had been made. Lucky the video will be reviewed and praying this audit is completed and I will hear th much needed news tommorrow and things will be back to normal with the funds. Unless somehow and someway things are done inproperly or delayed. I stressed to our bank it is not just the funds but my trust with my bank and the stress it has done to me. I have prayed and I pray also God helps me through this worry. Maybe if I had been less trusting this would not have happened or if I had not brought my children when I had made this deposit. During all of this as my husband sat next to me as I went through deposting these funds I was reminded I should have just went inside. I just did not want to leave them waiting in the car with my husband as I ran inside. I should have maybe had my husband go inside but I keep thinking over and over why was I so trusting or stupid. I pray this all is resolved honestly go through the weekend and it is not resolved I will worry myself to death thinking what if... I know I ask God for alot in my prayers and he has helped my family through all so much. But this one time I ask for strength and also for him to knock it in my head never to use an ATM again for cash transactions receiving or deposting.. I know this is not a post on how our adoption is moving along just a post to let everyone know I am human and I make stupid, stupid decisions. I pray I slow down and think twice. May tommorrow and the rest of the week be easier. My days are filled with medical on the children and the stress of their health and also my father being ill. I am just asking for your prayers to ask God to work with me through all of these rough days and the many left ahead..
:O(










