Braska & Zack

Braska & Zack
First Visit

PLEASE FOLLOW OUR BLOG AND SHARE IT WITH OTHERS SO WE CAN SAVE THESE TWO SMALL CHILDREN


SAVING TWO SMALL ORPHANS


Today I ask for prayers for all of my children.
May God lead us in the direction in bringing Braska
& Zach home. WE WILL BRING OUR CHILDREN HOME!
And while we wait I ask everyone to pray for their health.

DONATING IS EASY AND IMMEDIATELY DEPOSITED TO OUR PAYPAL BY CLICKING THE DONATE BUTTON

Pages

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, September 2, 2012

10 Months 2 Weeks & 6 Days

So very hard to know that almost a year has passed since we committed to both Braska and Zack.  It was in July when I first saw Braska's photo and then had to wait to almost December to see Zack's photo and profile.  I knew from the moment I saw Braska she was our  little girl, and when learned of Zack it was as if our Lord knew we also needed a little boy.  In this a matter of a week and 3 days we will be boarding our first plane and then two planes to follow.

This is Chrissie's Princess Bed we got off of Craigslist.
The last couple of weeks we have been rearranging rooms and still not quiet done. Through searching for a new bed for Chrissie we found this one off of Craigslist.  It was in need of repairs and once we arrive to look it Chrissie just fell in love with it.  She was so happy to be able to move up from a toddler bed now into a Big Girl bed..  Knowing we have such a tight budget at this moment we knew funds would be limited on what we could afford.  Normally this bed sells for close to a thousand dollars and finding one used we would be able to afford her the bed of her dreams.  When arriving Chrissie was almost in tears when she saw it and then this precious family told us it was a gift to Chrissie from them.  I had explained earlier that Chrissie had been adopted from Bulgaria and now we were returning to bring home two more little ones.  And that her bed was now being given to one of the children we are adopting.  I was without words and told them we were adopting and funds were tight.  And also this Princess Bed was going be an earlier birthday present.  After a few coats of new paint, washed linens this bed was ready for our little Princess Chrissie.

I grew up for a family of six children and a middle child.  Seldom did I ever receive anything new everything was passed down from one of my sisters. I was just happy to get anything and I appreciate everything I had.
When I had children I wanted each of them to know whether new or old with just a little love whatever it the item is it should be cherished.   Today I spent painting some little chairs and a small table from one of my older children.  Now Zack and Braska will have their own little chairs to sit in to have snacks at, or color at.  I purchased two white toddler beds off of Amazon.com with free shipping and put them in Chrissie's room. This way in Chrissie's room there will also be a place for Zack some nights to be near to Braska.  I took Patrick's small toddler daybed from he was a toddler and we are setting it up for Zack.. It is an Amish daybed from PA we brought while visiting our oldest son. In Louisiana you will not see a bed like this believe me.  It is beautiful hard oak and I made both children each a new quilt for their beds. :O))

This last three years I have been working on a quilt for my sweet sister & friend.  This has been the hardest quilt I have ever completed and the same of the large ones.    Each square took about 3 weeks to complete. And 40 plus squares in all each with a State Flower within.  I am very proud of this quilt for I made it with love.  As I sewed it square and with every pull of the needle and thread I thought of the children we are adopting and the person who helped in bring them home to us.  This quilt I know will never repay the kindness and love this one woman has done in helping so many families.  But I wanted her to know that I truly love her in my heart.  And this quilt will show with each State a family she may have helped.  How many people do you think would give their health in helping a orphan child find a home?  This one woman with her own health needs places these precious children before her own health.  And this one quilt can never be enough work to cover the love she has for these children.  Again this is the last quilt my hands and old eyes can complete.