Just six days left and just so much to do to before our trip. Today I woke up to the most cutest photo of my sweet friend's baby. He is just precious. :O) It is amazing how our Lord blesses each of us each day adn we seldom think to just say thank you. Not just in a prayer but to say out loud "THANK YOU FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL DAY." The last couple of months were so trying and difficult for our family especially when I had taken ill in June. With trying to prepare for my daughter's wedding and raising the necessary funds it has been difficult. In between the wedding and traveling to prepare documents my daughter Makayla's Brain Scan showed more tumor growth and several more developing tumors. Now her tumors stand at over 30 tumors and so many behind her optic nerves. Not that I try to not think about these tumors or avoid what may lay ahead I have had to turn all of my worries over to our Lord. Prior to committing to Little Braska & Zack's Adoption she had only the 2 tumors which quickly have grown into many. I pray for a miracle but it seems the tumors are not listening to my prayers to leave or stop. Each day my daughter tries easily and sleeps more. She is back in school full time but is able to leave when she is to tired. She wants to be able to be with her friends and attend the school's outside activities and to do so you have to be a full time student. So I think this is the reason why she suffers through the pain to be able to share special times with her friends. I have prayed and also wished in my mine that this was just some bad dream. And I would wake up to her being her old self.
Makayla we adopted from Ukraine at age 3 years, we met her just prior to her third birthday. She was sitting on a bench when we first saw her. She did not move or talk at all. She just sat there and watch other children play. She was covered with the marks of healing Chicken Poxs and covered in green and purple ointment. Her nose had been running and it was red and bleeding. Her small fingers were covered with sores and her head had been shaven. Seeing her I knew in my heart she was our Little Angel and we knew she was guided to us by our Lord to bring her home. Since arrival there has been many surgeries and a few days we thought we may lose her to our Lord. I know that one day he will bring her to her final home and never be an orphan here on our earth again. She will be whole and healthy no more worries. As I watch her this morning prepare for school she looks in the mirror to adjust her hair bow. It is important has a 14 year old to look just right. In the mirror she sees herself as I see her beautiful inside and out. Our Lord does nto promise us full health here on earth, nor doe he promise us a life or pure happiness. There is and will be trails and sometimes the devil will jump in the create problems for us all. But during these problems it makes us all stronger to know we have our Lord with our backs.
I remember one particular day in my life as I had lost my twins and thought how could my life be without them. I would never see them grow up and be able to share their special moments. And then next lose my dear husband Tim and next to follow my mother. It was so difficult to understand at that one time in life why I lost so many family members I loved and cherished. As my life went on I learned that God has his plans for me. One day I came across the first man or should I say boy I ever loved again. We had been the best of friends through childhood and now as we have aged grew once again to love once another. And a few years later married and have been married 20 years this year. When we married we decided to adopt and we were blessed to parent both our children and also our children we adopted. In my heart I knew I was to be there to mother other children whether by birth or adoption. I knew then what my mother once was to me, I am a mother. A mother to children and to mother as my mother has done for me. So my mother is and will always be there within me. When the time permits I will leave this earth and I know my children will know and understand also once they parent I will never leave their hearts. For I will always be there.
Many people seem to think of adoption of a child is a last choice. And that children who are adopted are selected or chosen children. Chosen Children?? I once read a book called Chosen Children and what a waste of time to read. God did not chose us and when we decided to adopt we did not chose these children. I felt my heart being led in the direction where I was there parent, their mother. I knew in my heart my Lord told me bring your children home. I did not look at the paperwork with the profile of a disability listed or the handicap of my child. I actually felt the same feeling, that special feeling as when my child was first pull from my womb into the air to view. I honestly knew with all my heart I was in love with these children.
I have visited quiet a few orphanages over the last 12 years. So better than others but these are not homes they are holding houses for small souls. Children need parents whether one parent or two. They need to know they are loved and they will be protected. As you see this tiny little face. As precious and pure our Lord has given our earth this beautiful child. And to one of my precious friend's to love and protect. You can tell he is loved, he knows our Lord and he is only one month old. He knows he is loved. Today when I woke up to check my emails there was his smile. My wake up smile. Everyone need a wake up smile like this. Some people may ask me why I wanted to adopt? Well this is why and maybe it is because I love these WAKE UP SMILES.
As easy it is for a woman to abort her baby, a living child of our Lord. They could have this precious child of God be there to wake them up or a family waiting and praying to adopt. This is why our family hearts were lead to adopt. Again I ask for prayers from everyone and as I type I am praying from my heart. I pray for these two little ones I will be holding in my arms in just a matter of a couple days. I pray for a safe flight and that my family I leave behind is watched over by our Lord till I return. I pray for the much needed donations to help us complete our adoption.
In just an hour my house will once again have my grandchildren running through the doors and my children chatting away of their day at school. It will be filled of the smiles and laughter of children. My life will forever be filled with days of children and this I will be forever thankful for. For I a blessed..................












